The Allure of Public Speaking is as Intoxicating as DatingPosted on Feb 13, 2012 in Speaking by The WSA Team | 0 comments
Public Speaking is very much like Dating. You catch and sustain your audience’s (or your Date’s) attention with your credibility and your vibrant energy.
Without these basic elements, your Date (or your audience) loses interest. Stick with the same routine and you can be perceived as dull, jaded or boring.
The good news is, some things won’t take much effort on your part to modify, rectify or alter. We already have the Tools, sometimes we’re just too busy to even notice that we have them (or much less use ‘em!), so here are some down-to-earth tips and exercises to bring out the Goddess in you!
1. LOOK WITHIN YOURSELF – Create a list addressing all the things you are NOT comfortable about yourself. Be brutally honest.
2. LOOK OUTSIDE YOURSELF – You will make another list of things you think people may not like about you. The purpose of this exercise is to walk away from anything you don’t like and instill a positive mental attitude in everything you do, think, feel and act.
3. CREATE NEW ROUTINES – Make a concerted effort to start to change the routines that drag you down. If you associate with people who criticize you, lose them fast. NOW.
4. STOP ACCEPTING SECOND BEST – Start making yourself the #1 priority. When you start looking, thinking and feeling good about yourself, your life will begin to change for the better and your confidence level shoots up.
5. IT’S OKAY TO BE SELECTIVE – Notice the shift in energy when you surround yourself with people who align with your intended Goals.
6. LIFE GOALS – Let’s work together on setting your short and long-term life Goals. Like attracts like. People are naturally
attracted to driven and goal-oriented folks.
Motivational Speaker & Dating Coach, Ceil Hansen teaches women how to recreate their destiny, reinvent their life & helps them break out of self-sabotaging beliefs & patterns that have stopped them from truly connecting intimately with a new partner. She helps them face challenges of Dating after Divorce or Breakup.