You’ve heard that growing your email list makes it easier to attract new clients. But most coaches, practitioners and entrepreneurs don’t realize that there are simple ways to build your list that can be really fun and fast! We now have over 24,000 people on our email list. It’s taken us nine years to get to this point with lots of trial and error. If we knew then what we know now, we could have built a list from scratch of this size in less than a year.
Chances are, you’re either just starting to think about building your list, or you’ve already got the right elements in place and are looking for ways to grow your list FAST. When we first started out, we had a list of nine people who were friends and were ideal candidates for what we were offering. We quickly built our list to 300 local people within just a few short months.
Here are the 5 steps we took to build our list quickly:
1. We created a free offering (a local free live evening event that was an introduction to something that would benefit them).
2. We made phone calls and used our Heartselling skills to find out what they were looking for and to see if what we were offering was a match.
3. For those where it was a match, we invited them to our event.
4. Before we hung up, we made sure to get permission to give them free tips if they wanted to be added to our email list (it’s essential you get permission before subscribing someone to your list).
5. Lastly, we asked for an introduction to anyone for whom this might be a good match.
We also attended a few other live local events where we knew our ideal clients would be hanging out and had short conversations where we could follow up after meeting.
Within a few short months, all of those referrals turned into an email list of over 300 people. If you’re curious about how we went from a local list of 300 people to over 24,000 people within just a few years, stay tuned for our next blog post, where we’ll share more about how to add hundreds, or even thousands, of new subscribers to your list within just a few days.