I get asked a lot about one sheets. Usually the question is “Aren’t they passé?” My reply is “You only need one if you want to work.”
I’m very serious about one sheets and you should be too. They are still your primary marketing piece that can be used in a number of ways such as:
- Mailer or emailer to prospect or client
- Follow up email to prospect
- Part of a handout if you use one
- Information to have on a product table that people can take home
- Left on each seat of attendees as a reminder of what you do and all you do
- A script for when you are selling over the phone
- A one piece marketing piece that can make any agent sound like they know you
- And many more!
I think they are a great exercise in drilling down on positioning and expertise. Your one sheet can be one sided or two. Here is the information that should be on the front:
- Business portrait picture
- Positioning statement that describes you by concept and outcome of working with you
- Speech titles and bullets that explain the take-a-ways the audience gets. Each should begin with an action word.
- Testimonials of people who have heard you and loved you
- Blurb about your expertise and yourself, although not a long bio
- Social media addresses
- Contact information
If you do a second side you may consider:
- If you have a book a picture of the book cover and few testimonials
- Perhaps you provide a list of sorts that deals with your topic that would be helpful
- More testimonials
- Short blog post
- Client list
- QR codes (quick response codes) that contain client list, link to videos, etc.
If you have all of the above on a one sheet you are golden! Over the years I have worked with a couple of speakers bureaus who have told me that one sheets are important to them. They use them as scripts just as I suggested you would. They expect you to have one! Have it available to email and in a PDF file on your website so it can be downloaded. One sheets make your life easier, and everyone else’s who works with you! I can’t think of one negative associated with having one.
If you’d like to see a copy of mine, feel free to email me at Lois@BookMoreBusiness.com and in subject line put “email one sheet”. You can use it as a template.
Regardless of what you hear, one sheets are here to stay! I’m glad because I think they make our lives easier!
Join us Tuesday, May 6th, 2014 as we present Lois Creamer as our #SpeakerChat guest.