To make a great impact you need one of the foundational qualities needed is confidence.
For it is confident leaders and speakers who develop a following and are able to support the greatest number of people in the world. Whether you’ve felt stuck in your career or have experienced the fear of stepping out on stage, there is hope. You can be a confident leader and/or speaker.
More importantly, your wisdom and mission are calling you to make a difference and in order to do the work you are meant to do, developing confidence will serve you well.
This episode’s experts will share their steps for building confident leaders and speakers.
Featuring Ziza Natur & Ruth Heron
Our experts share their advice for women leaders and speakers:
Ziza suggests “1. Embrace the process of discovering yourself and your authentic voice – this is the first and most important step (and very often the hardest!)
2. Align your message with your audience’s current needs and struggles, and meet them halfway by sharing clear and actionable steps to help them move forward (I always recommend small steps instead of huge leaps)
3. Be open to showing up in as many places as possible and embrace the messiness of beginnings – you’re experimenting and prototyping towards the perfected version of your brand
4. See every first attempt as the first pancake – messy, but highly necessary for a future delicious stack of pancakes”
Ruth shares “Make your default, ‘yes I can!’
1. Better understand yourself, what makes you fulfilled and valued
2. Identify your strengths and make them work for you.
3. Practice self reflection, use this to improve and develop
4. Establish clarity in what you want to do.
5. Actively move away from negative self talk.
6. Find experts in your field and learn from them.
7. Develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
8. The career that you pursue must align with your strengths and values
9. Start as you mean to go on.
10. Be accountable”
Ziza Natur is a Public Speaker & Voice Coach. She provides public speaking, voice coaching and visibility strategy for female business owners who are ready to become the go-to experts in their industry and use their talents and expertise to their full potential. She helps these women show up confidently and make an impact through their work, vision and mission. You can learn more about Ziza at http://thevoiceofpower.net/
Ruth Heron is an Executive Coach and Consultant. She works with women who are over 40 who are stuck, become unstuck and confident in their career. She also works with black women leaders to become more confident and effective in their leadership and management roles. You can learn more about Ruth at https://ruthheron.me/
Our Host and Producer is Laura Rubinstein, Certified Hypnotherapist, Digital Media & Marketing Mentor and Business Transformation Strategist. Follow her blog here: http://TransformToday.com