Dating Online? 5 Secrets to Finding Love AgainPosted on May 10, 2012 in Speakerpalooza May 2012 by The WSA Team | 3 comments
Cyber-Dating Expert Julie Spira shares her tips on how to find that love you’ve been looking for AND she’s giving away her best-selling book, The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online to three winners who show her (and her post) some love. Details on how to enter to win the .pdf version of her book following her post. ***Giveaway below – Ends June 15th***
By Julie Spira
Bestselling Author, Cyber-Relations & Online Dating Expert
Los Angeles, CA USA
As an online dating expert, I spend my time coaching singles in the boomer generation, now the fastest growing market for Internet dating and social networking.
ComScore’s research shows online dating site users who are 50+ has grown twice as fast than other age group. Many are trying online dating for the first time after a long marriage and aren’t sure what the rules are.
Here are five tips to help you with your journey:
1. Do Get Organized. It’s flattering when you start receiving hundreds of emails, but it can be overwhelming and leave you logging off instead. Create a spreadsheet to keep your dates organized so you won’t confuse Jimmy with Johnny when you start communicating.
2. Create a Catchy Screen Name. Just like a newspaper needs a great headline to grab your attention, so does your online dating profile. Don’t accept the screen name that the computer generates. Find fun and flirty words that describe your passions. My screen name of PaperBackWriter resulted in men asking me about my books and musical taste.
3. Online Dating is Like Looking for a Job. A stellar resume and tenacity will land you your dream job. You should feel the same way about online dating. Just like you won’t quit after three unsuccessful job interviews, you shouldn’t abandon online dating after three bad dates if you’re unattached.
4. Photos Matter. Both men and women are visual, so grab a friend with a digital camera and snap 100 photos in five different colored outfits. Know that your online date may check your Facebook profile to see if the photos match up. Truth-in-advertising is important for any
5. Take Your Relationship from Online to Offline. Avoid falling into the trap of having a digital penpal and schedule a phone date with someone you’ve been communicating with. If you have phone chemistry, put a date on the calendar to meet in real life.
At the end of the digital day, singles of all ages are finding love on the Internet, and so can you.
Julie Spira was an early adopter of the Internet and is a bestselling author, online dating expert, netiquette expert, and social media strategist. She’s the CEO of Social Media and More, a social media marketing and strategy company and is the Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Cyber-Dating Expert, an online lifestyle magazine for singles on the dating scene.
Julie’s advice has reached millions and she’s been featured in/on ABC, CBS, CNN, Cosmo, NBC, PC World, Redbook, USA Weekend, WIRED, and Woman’s Day. She writes about the marriage of love and technology on Huffington Post and is the author of the bestseller, “The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online.” Julie and her team create irresistible profiles for singles. She’s writing an Internet etiquette book “The Rules of Netiquette: How to Mind Your Manners on the Web.”
Julie will be giving away 3 copies of her bestselling book, The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online. Winners will receive the pdf ebook version of the book.
The giveaway for a Julie’s book has the same rules as the other Speakerpalooza giveaways:
Click on “read more” to post and view comments.
SHARE THIS POST BY CLICKING ON THE POP-UP ICONS IN THE
“SHARE THE LOVE” BAR BELOW